Monday, May 4, 2009

More vintage!

I told you all that I've been going crazy with all the linens that came in the mom box. Here's a tote bag that I just completed (just the outside, not totally finished). The center section is an old rooster dish towel (I believe it is French) and the outside is a vintage plaid fabric. 


I didn't have of the plaid to do the whole back, so I cut it into 4" strips and then did the same with the leftover towel. I ended up wasting a bit of the towel because I wanted to get those chickens and roosters in the strips...I like how it turned out.

And I was getting tired of pulling and putting back pins in the pin cushion and I don't have one of those nice magnetic pin holders, so I just threw the pins on one of my Fiesta saucers...I liked the look so much, I took a picture.

P.S. I've decided to hold off on cutting that chenille blanket for right now....I slept under it last night and it was nice and light. So, you are safe for now, chenille!

No comments: