Thursday, April 30, 2009

Experiments gone bad...and a surprise.

So, I'm trying to get myself away from sewing just square bags....it will take some getting used to, but I'm trying. So I thought I'd try a curve in my bags. One disaster, one that seems to work.

We'll start out with a regular ole square bag that I just made...the only difference is that I used an old kerchief (who says that?). Instead of it being around my neck...it might end up in someone's hand.

BUT

Here is the disaster. Ready?

I wanted to curve the bottom, but it ended up looking like a pair of panties. A combination of the fabric and the shape just makes it look like a pair of granny panties....so sad.

It gets better from here.

I put a curve in the top of the bag...I like it much much more.

Here's another view of it. I'm really liking the look.

No comments: